- Discuss, understand and document user database and reporting requirements
- Gather pertinent data/information and organize it in a logical and functional manner
- Design implement and maintain databases
- Document the design and contents of the database through, but not limited to, descriptions, diagrams and flowcharts
- Test the databases for functionality and accuracy, when created and then periodically to ensure continued accuracy and performance.
- Use SQL and potentially other programming techniques, (including but not limited to, Java, HTML, and PHP), to extract data and provide reports
- Secure the databases to ensure only authorized access to the data and reports
- 8. Ensure that databases are regularly and frequently backed up and that the backed-up database copies are held in a secure environment:
· With authorized users of the database’s contents, their requirements and resulting reporting
· With other members of the I.T. department
- With external suppliers of database management tools services and products
- Maintains awareness of developments in the database technology environment and recommends changes that the DBA believes will provide the airline with potential competitive advantage.
Financial Reporting / Statements